On the Good HandGet the idea? This notion sounds great on the surface, but when you ask just a handful of deeper questions, its easy to see that this license presents a whole host of larger moral dilemmas. I want to know what you think. How do you propose a Parenting License should work? Or would it at all?
What am I missing on the good list? Let me know.
- People with known drug/substance addictions would not be allowed to bring children into this world that will most likely abuse and/or neglect.
- We could properly address and handle the growing problem of teen pregnancy.
- People who belong who crazy religious sects involved with polygamy, pedophilia, etc - no more kids.
- Registered sex offender in your family? Move away, get a restraining order, or NO KIDS.
On the Bad Hand (which is the left hand (sorry lefties))
- Who determines the requirements for the lisense?
- How would this liscence be issues/enforced?
- What if a person becomes pregnant but does not have a lescence to be? Would she be forced to terminate or give up the child for adoption?
Suggested Reading: SUPERNANNY: HOW TO GET THE BEST FROM YOUR CHILDREN