My son's obession with a song on the radio

*If you've already read this, scroll to the bottom for an update!

My son Noah has an obsession with a particular song on the radio. It's a family friendly song and it is absolutely adorable when he sings along with it or sings it all on his own at random. Lately though things have gotten out of hand.

Noah falls asleep listening to KCMS 105.3 and when this songs goes on the


air in the middle of the night, Noah will wake from a dead sleep, sit straight up, turn up the radio, and listen - sometimes will start signing as well. When the song is over, turns the radio down but doesn't fall back asleep for a couple hours. This happens almost nightly.

This is why I am going to email someone at the station and ask them to please not air this song between the hours of 8pm and 5:30am. We'll see how it goes. For those of you who are curious, the song is Lose My Soul by Toby Mac.

UPDATE: I received an email back from Scott Valentine, the program director for Crista Broadcasting. it went like this -

Hi Chase,
How interesting.  For the time-being we have changed the playback on the song.  It may take several days to kick in. 
Blessings on you and your family,
Scott

Wow. I had a general feeling that this request was within the realm of possibilities, but now that I'm actually seeing how responsive they were, I'm blown away with gratitude. HUGE thanks to everyone at KCMS and Crista Broadcasting. This is such a help.

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments: