I handled a heckler at the Log Cabin Bar and Grill last night

Last night I did a set at the Log Cabin Bar & Grill. The wait staff was very nice and the audience came warmed up and ready to go. I have to say that I had my reservations about what to expect, but I had a great time. Nate Jackson runs a great room there.

Half way through my set, some drunk dude in a sideways hat called me a dick. I reminded him that although it seems like it, we are not having an actual conversation and in fact, I am in the middle of a set for a live comedy show. I wont the audience back quickly and finished up my set felling really great about it. One thing I refuse to let happen, is feeling any kind of autonomy or complacency about my comedy. If I'm ever on stage and feel like I'm just on auto-pilot or notice that the audience is not engaged, I promise myself to take extreme measures to make sure that crowd leaves either laughing, being mad, or feeling betrayed.

They'll remember my set whether they want to or not.




Enter your email address:




Subscribe in a reader

No comments: