The Golden Compass discussion

Since I first posted about why its ok for parents to watch The Golden Compass with their kids, I've received a lot of feedback both good and . . .constructive. I wanted to share some of these with you and invite you to join in on the converstation. (Catch up on what we're talking about here!)

Milepost13 said. . .

I agree with what you're saying here. I don't have kids yet, but I am planning on going to see the movie myself in an attempt to understand our culture a little more.

I've read that the movie does not do the themes in the book justice (the whole anti-God thing). The real "danger" I see is that the movie is going to make the books a must-read for parents and kids. I could care less if Christians read or see the movie...as you said, it's a great opportunity. It's those who are already far from God that I'm concerned about.

Leena said. . .

Thank you for this blogging, I agree completely. I don't think the movie itself is what the critics are so concerned about, according to one source(i saw referenced to snopes.com)they are worried kids will love the movie and then buy the books that have the serious anti-Christ messages.

Harold Dean Sink (no link available) said. . .

I can see your point, but I don't think we should openly expose our children to something like that. Does this mean you would take your child to a strip bar and tell him that even though most men go to these places, women have to make a living some how? I would think not.

Finally, no post would be complete without your random anonymous commenter. . .

You're mentally bankrupt...do you have family book burnings? If your faith is so week it can't survive fiction, then perhaps you should re-evaluate your choices.


Thanks everyone for trying to keep an open mind and enjoying Chaseblogger. Share your thoughts with me any time.

No comments: