I am going to write a movie


This post is BIG news. I am going to be taking some time off from Chaseblogger to write my first screenplay. After a talk with a new friend of mine who already writes for the entertainment industry, I've decided its time I take up my pen and notebook and get cracking.

Back in high school, I attempted to write screenplays for two different movies. One I called, "The Bastards," and the other was called, "The Devil Works at the Video Store." They were both great examples of poor character devolopment and no real plot but I've learned and read up and have spent the last year starting this blog, writing for Punchline, and posting semi-regularly on my Myspace Blog. The time has come to take a leap and see what I'm made of as a writer by first penning my first script and then get it sold.

Like any hobby/talent, it is important to train, practice, and be knowledgable of proper execution. This is why my friend has pointed me towards some reading material that he felt were essential for me to move forward. Those books are, "The Screenwriter's Manual: A Complete Reference of Format & Style," "Screenplay: The Foundations of Screenwriting," and "The Screenwriter's Workbook (A Dell Trade Paperback)." So it looks like I have some homework to do.

Over the next year, I will post a monthly update about the progress (whether sucesses or frusterations) of my project and possibly help anyone else who wants to write a movie (or learn what it takes) to do so. Otherwise, I thank you for all the support with this blog and hope you continue to keep tabs on how things are going for me. You will still be able to read my articles, reviews, and blog posts at PunchlineMagazine.com.

2 comments:

Sabrena said...

I'm excited to see what you come up with!!

Chase Roper said...

Me too! I think I want the first one to be comedy. Then I'll try a drama, and go on down the line of different genres. No matter what, I'm going to be sure there is a purpose for each one. Something I want the viewer of the movie to take with them and help them somehow in their life.

yep. Hope I can achieve that.

I love you for commenting!