A nod to another blog: Intermission at Work

I really like movies. Not just watching them, but writing scenes, getting into the sub-plot, tearing apart the storyline - really getting into movies. I visited a startup blog this week called Intermission at Work and it fits perfectly into the movie niche. Mostly filled with honest movie reviews and speculation about upcoming weekend releases, this blog is easy to follow and light hearted. A nice change in pace from the deep heady blogs, or websites about how evil President Bush is.

I think what this site lends itself to best is the opportunity for ongoing conversations in the comments section of each review. Let's say someone checks out the review on a movie releasing next weekend. If the review was positive but they thought the movie was awful (like Crocodile Dundee 2 awful)then they could return to the blog and leave some feedback or vice versa.

Here's a sample review of the upcoming movie,"War."




How I think it will do – You can’t really go wrong with Jet Li and Jason Statham. Both are just plain awesome. I think this movie could be a surprise at the box office, a welcome addition for those who are missing an action movie after having seen Bourne Ultimatum. Hopefully this one will not get banned in China like Rush Hour 3, but I suspect it might, since it has Triad gang references.


Anyways, I just thought I'd share this site with you all. Please go check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments: