The Mormon Church does not open its temple doors to the public. Entry into one of these sacred meeting places requires a properly signed official church voucher called a temple recommend. In an apparent effort to protect church rituals and secrets, the old recommends are being replaced with new versions that include a personal bar code. (Bar codes for people? Time to check the rapture index.)
How does one go about getting a temple recommend? For starters, you'll have to answer a series of questions to determine your worthiness. Questions like:
- Have you ever committed murder or adultery?
- Do you believe in God and in Jesus Christ?
- Do you believe the Latter Day Saint Church is a restoration of pure Christianity?
- Will you be loyal to church leaders?
- Is your family in harmony with the teachings of the church?