Elton John vs. The Internet




As I sit here starting my post for the day, I find myself struggling within trying to find the strength to press on. Why the sudden slump? It's because Elton John doesn't like what I do.

"Let's get out in the streets and march and protest instead of sitting at home blogging," says Sir Elton according the The Sun Online.

Hey. I do most of my blogging at work.

Elton's recent Unibomberesque anti-technology rant stems from his belief that "the Internet has stopped people from going out and being with each other, creating stuff."

Sir Elton doesn't think people should be allowed to sit in their home and make records through the easy use of computer technology. He has also suggested that the entire Internet be shut down for five years to see what sort of art would be produced over that span of time. Since he seems to be the only artist with this position, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that any music produced during that time would sound remarkably like Elton John's.

Isn't the world wide web actually helping more emerging artists find larger audiences for their nice of creativity? I always considered it to be an amazing advancement for humankind that allows the instantaneous transfer of information (be creative in form or otherwise) to an enormous amount of people all at once. But what do I know? I'm just a blogger.

No comments: