Alanis Morissette, 'My Humps'








The new "My Humps" parody by Alanis Morissette hit the world wide web yesterday via YouTube. Supposedly, the video quickly beat the record for most searched video in one day (probably since the last Paris Hilton sex tape release). First of all, that's not much of a record to boast about, everybody. By tomorrow, some dude will have uploaded a new video of himself while spending the night at his friend's place and using his best friend's cat to clean up with after fooling around with his girlfriend only to have the friend mention how "stiff and spikey" the cat's hair seems the next morning while he's petting him. Next thing you know - new record.

Sadly (for Fergie), I have to say that the remake is definitely a vast improvement on the original. Much like Johnny Cash's remake of the Nine Inch Nails song, "Hurt." When I listen to Morissette's soulful voice dominate those overly simple lyrics, I can't help but notice the newly existent dimension to the song. I find myself asking, "What is she going to do with all that ass inside them jeans?" And when she belts out that she's going to make me scream, I get goose bumps.

The Alanis Morissette Collection

The Dutchess, Fergie



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alanis is like a bitter jealous ex girlfriend. She wants attention and is jealous. She tried to have her sexy image and flopped.