John Edwards suspending campaign for president

It was announced today by a close friend of former U.S. Senator, John Edwards that he will be indefinitely suspending his campaign to run for President. Edwards' wife is suffering a recurrence of the breast cancer she battled in 2004. (Correction.)

I may not agree not agree with you an every political issue, Mr. Edwards (I'm actually not sure that I don't), but I commend you on your commitment to your wife to be the rock that she needs to lean on. You may or may not become the leader of the free world, but you just demonstrated to us all what it takes to be leaders in our marriage.

My prayers go out to you and your wife.

Chicken Soup for the Breast Cancer Survivor's Soul: Stories to Inspire, Support and Heal (Chicken Soup for the Soul)

No comments: